Time taken: 1 hour
- ACE Peal Grouper Fish Bones
- 2 Tomatoes
- 5 Red Dates
- 1 Soy-based tofu
- 3 Shiitake Mushrooms
- 4 cups of water
- 2 slices of ginger
- Spring Onion /Coriander (Amount of your choice)
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Pepper (Amount of your choice)
- Give the fish a quick wash. I would recommend coating the fish with either salt or starch before rinsing it off.
- Cut the mushrooms, ginger, tomato, and red dates into smaller pieces.
- Throw in the ginger after, heat up, and oil a pan on medium heat. Note not to pour too much oil as the fish will release oil on its own. The oil will be used in a later step.
- Allow the ginger to release its aroma before throwing the fishbone in. Cut the bones into three sections if needed and fry the fish bones till a golden-brown. This step is necessary to bring out the best of the fish.
- Transfer the fish bones along with the oil and ginger into a pot.
- Fill the pot with water and allow it to boil. Do make sure that the water is BOILING before adding in fish bones, ginger, and oil. When the water begins to heat up, you should be able to see the water turned color.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, tomatoes, red dates, and mushrooms into the mix, season the soup with soya sauce, salt, sesame oil, and pepper.